Saturday, November 23, 2013

An encouraging God

This morning during my devotions, doubt began to creep into my mind. Questions such as 'why are you doing this blog? who reads it anyway? what do you know about God?' The Holy Spirit then lead me to this scripture in The Message bible from 1 Chronicles 16:23-27...

Sing to GOD, everyone and everything! Get out his salvation news every day! Publish his glory among the godless nations, his wonders to all races and religions. And why? Because GOD is great - well worth praising! No god or goddess comes close in honor. All the popular gods are stuff and nonsense, but GOD made the cosmos! Splendor and majesty flow out of him, strength and joy fill his place.

Reading this encouraged me to speak out aloud the truth of this scripture and tell those doubts to leave in Jesus name.  There are so many people in this nation, this world that haven't heard that God. Our daily newspapers certainly aren't publishing God's glory! So it is up to us, who have a relationship with Jesus and have experienced God's grace to get the word out! The challenge for me 'Get out his salvation news every day!' 

Thank you God for this encouraging word today, and that you have helped me to push aside the doubt and focus on you and you alone!

If there is doubt creeping into your mind about something, why not ask the Holy Spirit to lead you to a scripture that can encourage you in your situation. He wants to help you keep your focus on His promises and purpose for your life.


2 comments:

Harmony said...

Hi Wendy :) My name is Harmony and I work with your friend Corinne Patterson, she mentioned your blogs to me after I was telling her about my own 3 year old cousin who had an accident earlier this year and is now a paraplegic.

Anyway I just wanted to say, in response to this particular post, that I think words about God are never ever wasted, and God's word always returns something good. For right now these blog posts are a great way for you to express yourself and get your thoughts out there, and the beauty of the internet is your words will be around for many years to come... someone may not read a post today, but in 3 years what you've written may be exactly what they need and God will guide them here.

It would be cool to meet one day :) I attend New Vine Baptist at Maryland.

God bless!
Harmony
www.harmonysteel.com

Wendy said...

Thanks so much for your encouraging comment Harmony. I appreciate it. Wendy