Thursday, October 29, 2015

Restful waters

He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters. Psalm 23:2 AMP

There are times in our lives when we are forced to slow down, either through sickness in ourselves, or others that we love and care for. At first it can be frustrating, especially when you are used to living at a fast pace and 'achieving' a lot each day. But who says that living at a fast pace and ticking everything off your list is the best way to live anyway?

The 'slow' pace of life seems so foreign, until we take time in that slowness to seek more of God, and seek what He wants to do in our lives. That slowness becomes a fresh, tender, green pasture in which we allow ourselves time to connect more fully with Our Creator. 

You have bedded me down in lush meadows, you find me quiet pools to drink from. True to your word, you let me catch my breath and send me in the right direction.
Psalm 23:2-3 The Message

The slowing of our lives allows us time to hear more from God, and can be a time of realignment to God's purpose for our lives. What we hear during these times can be challenging, as God asks us to surrender more of our thoughts and plans to Him. However, it becomes an opportunity for us to let ourselves acknowledge once again that we are the clay and He is the potter.

Yet, O Lord, You are our Father; we are the clay, and You our Potter, and we are all the work of Your hand. Isaiah 64:8 AMP

He has the master plan and He decides the timing of each task and outcome. Our job is to stick close to God, listen to Him and trust Him. Trust Him no matter what.

I have been crucified with Christ [in Him I have shared His crucifixion]; it is no longer I who live, but Christ (the Messiah) lives in me; and the life I now live in the body I live by faith in (by adherence to and reliance on and complete trust in) the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself up for me. Galatians 2:20 AMP

Question for today, are you being forced to 'slow down' due to circumstances in your life? If yes, and you are struggling with the slow down, why not ask God to show you what He wants to do in you during this season? He has a plan and it is good.

Surely or only goodness and mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, and through the length of my days the house of the Lord [and His presence] shall be my dwelling place. Psalm 23:6 AMP











No comments: