Saturday, October 24, 2015

For by You I can

For by You I can run through a troop, and by my God I can leap over a wall. Psalm 18:29 AMP

We all have times when the 'troop' is marching towards us and we feel trapped and powerless. Or there is a seemingly un-scalable wall in front of us. In these times, we can so easily assume the position of defeat - it is all too hard, we won't make it through, there is no way to get out of this. I know, because I have been there many a time. 

It is in those times that we need to search and keep searching in God's Word for the truth about the circumstance. When we search God's Word, look at what we find,

In your strength I can crush an army;
with my God I can scale any wall.
Psalm 18:29 NLT

We find that it is not about what we can do or not do. It is about what God can do. It is not about our strength. It is about His strength. It is not about going it alone. It is about 'going it' with God. His way is perfect.

God's way is perfect.
All the LORD's promises prove true.
He is a shield for all who look to him for protection.
For who is God except the LORD?
Who but our God is a solid rock?
God arms me with strength,
and he makes my way perfect.
Psalm 18:30-32 AMP

Because God's way is perfect,
Because all the LORD's promises prove true,
Because He is a shield of protection when we look to Him,
Because He is LORD alone,
Because He is a solid rock,
Because He arms us with strength,
Because He makes our way perfect,
We can declare,

I can run through a troop
I can scale a wall

All because of Him, we can declare

I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency]. Philippians 4:13 AMP

We can declare

Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am. Philippians 4:13 The Message

And that is the key question - who makes you who you are? 
Is it you and your own strength? Or is it dependence on another human being to define who you are and what you should do? Or is it your Creator, your Heavenly Father? Is it Christ and His sacrifice for you? 

Christ can empower you to run through the troop - every time. Christ can empower you to leap over the wall - every time. When we surrender to Him, He infuses inner strength into us. In Him, we have all we need. Thank you Jesus.

But it is God Who confirms and makes us steadfast and establishes us [in joint fellowship] with you in Christ, and consecrated an anointed us [enduing us with the gifts of the Holy Spirit]; [He has also appropriated and acknowledged us as His by] putting His seal upon us and giving us His [Holy] Spirit in our hearts as the security deposit and guarantee [of the fulfillment of His promise]. 2 Corinthians 1:21-22 AMP






No comments: