Thursday, May 7, 2015

The Lord will bless His people with peace

The Lord will give [unyielding and impenetrable] strength to His people; the Lord will bless His people with peace. Psalm 29:11

This morning during my devotions time I felt the Lord speak this scripture into my heart. At the time I felt He was addressing an anxiety that has been around for the past few days. But within an hour of spending that quiet time with God, our morning erupted into choas from a single event. As I drove away from our home frustrated, asking myself, how does this happen? How can we go from a peaceful environment to a chaotic environment in a matter of seconds?

The answer is quite simple - six very different people living in one house together! Six people, all very strong in character, who have each developed some very immature defence mechanisms (including me). 

By the time I had dropped the children at school, my head was clear enough to remember the scripture God had spoken to me this morning - the Lord will bless His people with peace. How thankful my heart was to know that the Lord was willing to bless me with His peace. His peace that transcends  all understanding.

And God’s peace [shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7

It took another 20 minutes or so, some difficult conversation, asking forgiveness, showing grace, and then I felt that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation. The difference between those two feelings - the frustrated, wrylled heart, vs the tranquil, peaceful heart, is so vast. I am so grateful for a God that is willing to stick with us and bless us with His peace, so we don't have to stay in that state of frustration and angst.

Questions for today, is there something in your life that is causing you ansgt, leading to a lack of peace in your heart? Do you believe that God will bless His people - you and me - with peace? If you have any doubts about this truth, why not try meditating on these three scriptures. And then ask God to bless you with His peace.

Now may the Lord of peace Himself grant you His peace (the peace of His kingdom) at all times and in all ways [under all circumstances and conditions, whatever comes]. The Lord [be] with you all2 Thessalonians 3:16 AMP

No comments: