Saturday, May 16, 2015

I know where I came from

Jesus answered, Even if I do testify on My own behalf, My testimony is true and reliable and valid, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from or where I am going. John 8:14 AMP

Jesus knew where He came from and where He was going. Jesus knew where to get direction and instruction from.

So Jesus answered them by saying, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, the Son is able to do nothing of Himself (of His own accord); but He is able to do only what He sees the Father doing, for whatever the Father does is what the Son does in the same way [in His turn]. John 5:19 AMP

Jesus knew who to consult and listen to.

I am able to do nothing from Myself [independently, of My own accord - but only as I am taught by God and as I get His orders]. Even as I hear, I judge [I decide as I am bidden to decide. As the voice comes to Me, so I give a decision], and My judgement is right (just, righteous), because I do not seek or consult My own will [I have no desire to do what is pleasing to Myself, My own aim, My own purpose] but only the will and pleasure of the Father Who sent Me. John 5:30 AMP

Jesus knew what power and authority He had been given, where it came from and what it was for.

For even as the Father has life in Himself and is self-existent, so He has given to the Son to have life in Himself and be self-existent. And He has given Him authority and granted Him power to execute (exercise, practice) judgement because He is a Son of man [very man]. John 5:26,27 AMP

Questions for today, do you know where you came from, and where you are going? Who do you go to get direction and instruction from? Who do you consult and listen to? What power and authority do you have and where did it come from?

Let's not live our lives closed off from our source. Let's take time to listen and learn who were are, and what we are here for, just as Jesus did.

For I have come down from heaven not to do My own will and purpose but to do the will and purpose of Him Who sent Me. And this is the will of Him Who sent Me, that I should not lose any of all that He has given Me, but that I should give new life and raise [them all] up at the last day. For this is My Father's will and His purpose, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in and cleaves to and trusts in and relies on Him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up [from the dead] at the last day. John 6:38-40 AMP

No comments: