Saturday, October 22, 2016

A whole, healed, put-together life

But now that you've found you don't have to listen to sin tell you what to do, and have discovered the delight of listening to God telling you, what a surprise! A whole, healed, put-together life right now, with more and more of life on the way! Romans 6:22 The Message

Have you discovered the delight of listening to God telling you what to do? For me I have found this to be a long process of learning, a process that still continues today. But a process well worth sticking with. It is a process of taking each thought that comes into my mind, asking myself, is this a God thought, or is it a 'Wendy' thought?

We use our powerful God-tools for smashing warped philosophies, tearing down barriers erected against the truth of God, fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of life shaped by Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:5 The Message

When we do take every thought and consider how it aligns with God's Word and we find there is a misalignment (ie our thought is wrong) sometimes it is easy to lay down our thoughts, humble ourselves before God and accept His truth and His ways. I believe when we do this we are opening ourselves up to more of what God wants to do in us and through us.

Lord, You have heard the desire of the humble;
You will prepare their heart;
You will cause Your ear to hear, 
Psalm 10:17 NKJV

Sometimes though it is not so easy. It can take a lot of soul searching on our behalf to come to the place where we can let go of the thoughts and let Jesus be Lord of our thoughts. Thankfully God is willing to help us with that process. We just need to humble ourselves and ask Him for that help. He is so gentle with us, in revealing His truth and helping us get to the place where we are indeed delighted to listen to Him.

Yes, your sayings on life are what give me delight;
I listen to them as to good neighbors 
Psalms 119:24 The Message

Question for today, do you want to discover more of the delight of listening to God telling you what to do? I know I do, as I have learnt that His way of doing life is so much better than mine. And I am not ashamed to say that I want that whole, healed, put together life that is promised to us through Jesus. Do you want that too?

A thief is only there to steal and kill and destroy. I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of. John 10:10 The Message



1 comment:

Diwakar said...

Hello Wendy. Very encouraging post and at the end a very challenging question "Do you want to discover more of the delight of listening to God telling you what to do?. You have blessed me with your post on a " A whole, Healed, Put-together Life".
I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am truly blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you as well as know you and about you through your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 37 yrs in the great city of Mumbaia city with ag reat cotnrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. we also encoutage young and the adults f ro m the west and develped countries to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai with your family or encourage young people from your church to go on a missions trip to Mumbai. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. Many young people from Australia and Newzealand came through YWAM and also from States and Europe came to work with us. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends.