Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Trust

When I get really afraid I come to you in trust.
Psalm 56:3 The Message

Over the past six days I have spent a lot of time with our daughter Victoria. Not doing hospital visits, but rather taking her to Sydney based sporting events that she was competing in, and then again to Sydney on a school excursion. 

Throughout these days I thought how different our lives are now. It wasn't that long ago when I would spend a huge amount of time with Victoria in hospital and at therapy appointments. While some of that still goes on, it is no where near the amount of time it used to be. What a journey it has been of learning how to trust God with her life. 

There have probably been a handful of times in the past six years when I have genuinely feared for her life. Times when the outlook hasn't been great and I have been really afraid. Times when I have desperately gone to God in trust. Fully believing that He loves Victoria more than we do and that He has a plan for her life. Fully believing that I, Wendy, could draw near to God and petition Him on behalf of our daughter.

Let us all come forward and draw near with true (honest and sincere) hearts in unqualified assurance and absolute conviction engendered by faith (by that leaning of the entire human personality on God in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness), having our hearts sprinkled and purified from a guilty (evil) conscience and our bodies cleansed with pure water.  Hebrews 10:22 AMP

The Message bible simply says,

So, friends, we can now - without any hesitation - walk right up to God, into "the Holy Place." Jesus has cleared the way by the blood of his sacrifice, acting as our priest before God. The "curtain" into God's presence is his body. So let's do it - full of belief, confident that we're presentable inside and out. Let's keep a firm grip on the promises that keep us going. He always keeps his word. 
Hebrews 10:19-23 The Message

Questions for today, is there something you are feeling 'really afraid' about? Are you able today to say, "God, I trust You," and then rest, knowing He is trustworthy. If not, ask God to help you to come to that place where you can completely trust Him, and then be open to what He wants to teach you. It is a continual life course, each of us graduating with an increased level of trust after each lesson.  It is a course well worth sticking with, I can testify to that.

God, the one and only - I'll wait as long as he says. Everything I hope for comes from him, so why not? He's solid rock under my feet, breathing room for my soul, An impregnable castle: I'm set for life. My help and glory are in God - granite-strength and safe-harbour-God - so trust him absolutely people; lay your lives on the line for him. God is a safe place to be. Psalm 62:5-8 The Message

No comments: