Thursday, October 6, 2016

The morning

And God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day. Genesis 1:5 AMP

Morning. How I love the quiet of the early morning. Praise God for the morning. Imagine for a moment that there was no evening and no morning - no time set aside for rest, no time for newness.....

GOD's loyal love couldn't have run out, his merciful love couldn't have dried up. They're created new every morning. How great is your faithfulness! Lamentations 3:22-23 The Message

The morning, an opportunity to commune with God before doing anything else in our day. An opportunity to hear His thoughts on the day ahead.

In the morning You hear my voice, O Lord; in the morning I prepare [a prayer, a sacrifice] for You and watch and wait [for You to speak to my heart]. Psalm 5:3 AMP

The morning, time to reflect on all God is and has done, to praise Him in song.

But I will sing of Your mighty strength and power; yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy and loving-kindness in the morning; for You have been to me a defense (a fortress and a high tower) and a refuge in the day of my distress. Unto You, O my Strength, I will sing praises; for God is my Defense, my Fortress, and High Tower, the God Who shows me mercy and steadfast love. Psalm 59:16-17 AMP

The morning, time to submit and listen to God's directions.

Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning, For in You do I trust; Cause me to know the way in which I should walk, for I lift up my soul to You. Psalm 143:8 NKJV

I know we are not all 'morning' people, but if we think of morning as whatever time we awake to start a new day, let's consider what we do when we wake up. How much of our morning routine involves talking with God, finding out what His plans for the day are? If you feel some changes are needed, ask God to help you. Remember He is always ready and waiting to talk to you.

Every morning you'll hear me at it again. Every morning I lay out the pieces of my life on your altar and watch for fire to descend. Psalm 5:3 The Message




No comments: