Saturday, October 8, 2016

Question Time

I'm not saying that I have this altogether, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wonderously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong; By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward - to Jesus. 

I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

So let's keep focused on that goal, those of us who want everything God has for us. If any of you have something else in mind, something less than total commitment, God will clear your blurred vision - you'll see it yet! 

Now that we're on the right track, let's stay on it.

Philippians 3:12-16 The Message

Today, a few questions to consider and talk to God about as we read this passage of scripture ....

1. Who or what are you reaching out for today?

The New Living Translation says it this way, 

I don't mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. Philippians 3:12 NLT

2. What goal have you got your eye on?

The Amplified Bible puts it this way,

but one thing I do [it is my one aspiration]; forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward. Philippians 3:13b-14 AMP

3. Do you have any blurred vision?

Let's keep our hearts teachable to what God wants to show us to ensure we are aligned with Him.

Let all who are spiritually mature agree on these things. If you disagree on some point, I believe God will make it plain to you. Philippians 3:15 NLT

4.  What causes you to stray from the right track?

This is definitely one to discuss with God, as sometimes we can stray and not even realise it. 

Only let us hold true to what we have already attained and walk and order our lives by that. Philippians 3:16 AMP 

In my experience if you honestly ask these questions of yourself and listen to God's responses, it can be a bit confronting. It is important to always remember that God loves us regardless of what we think, do and say. He knows we are sinners. But there is no condemnation when we are in Christ.

Therefore, [there is] now no condemnation (no adjudging guilty of wrong) for those who are in Christ Jesus, who live [and] walk not after the dictates of the flesh, but after the dictates of the Spirit. Romans 8:1 AMP

Rather, asking these questions of ourselves allows us to draw closer to God, becoming more aligned with His purpose for our lives. 

For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome. Jeremiah 29:11 AMP





 


No comments: