Tuesday, November 15, 2016

I will listen

I will listen [with expectancy] to what God the Lord will say, for He will speak peace to His people, to His saints (those who are in right standing with Him) - but let them not turn again to [self confident] folly. Psalm 85:8 AMP

Ken was reminding one of our children yesterday that we have two ears and one mouth for a reason. In the Psalms we are reminded too, of the importance of listening ...

But My people would not hearken to My voice, and Israel would have none of Me. So I gave them up to their own hearts' lust and let them go after their own stubborn will, that they might follow their own counsels. Oh, that My people would listen to Me, that Israel would walk in My ways! Psalm 81:10-13 AMP

In Proverbs we are often reminded to listen ...

Now therefore, my sons, listen to me, and depart not from the words of my mouth. Proverbs 5:7

Listen to me now therefore, O you sons, and be attentive to the words of my mouth. Proverbs 7:24

Now therefore listen to me, O you sons; for blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) are those who keep my ways. Proverbs 8:32

Listen (consent and submit) to the words of the wise, and apply your mind to my knowledge; for it will be pleasant if you keep them in your mind [believing them]; your lips will be accustomed to [confessing] them. Proverbs 22:17-18

Jesus too, reminded us to listen ....

And He called the people to [Him] again and said to them, Listen to Me, all of you, and understand [what I say]. There is not [even] one thing outside a man which by going into him can pollute and defile him; but the things which come out of a man are what defile him and make him unhallowed and unclean. If any man has ears to hear, let him be listening [and let him perceive and comprehend by hearing]. Mark 7:14-16 AMP

Question for today, are you listening with expectancy to what God wants to say to you today?

Oh yes, he's our God, and we're the people he pastures, the flock he feeds. Drop everything and listen, listen as he speaks. Psalm 95:7 The Message

 

No comments: