Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Testimonies

Your testimonies have I taken as a heritage forever, for they are the rejoicing of my heart. Psalm 119:111 AMP

When did you last have the sense of your heart rejoicing? For me it was yesterday watching our youngest daughter and her friends swimming and laughing, just being children playing, because they are blessed to live in this country.

But that was a moment in time that caused rejoicing in my heart. Psalm 119 often mentions God's testimonies - His word - and what His testimonies can continually do in our heart if we chose to regularly immerse ourselves in them.

Let's meditate on some of those scriptures today, asking God to reveal more of His truth to us as we read His word.

I am Your servant; give me understanding (discernment and comprehension), that I may know (discern and be familiar with the character of) Your testimonies. Psalm 119:125


Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) are they who keep His testimonies, and who seek, inquire for and of Him and crave Him with our whole heart. Psalm 119:2 AMP

Your testimonies also are my delight and my counsellors. Psalm 119:24 AMP

I cleave to Your testimonies; O Lord, put me not to shame! Psalm 119:31

Incline my heart to Your testimonies and not to uncovetousness (robbery, sensuality, unworthy riches). Psalm 119:36

I considered my ways; I turned my feet to [obey] Your testimonies. Psalm 119:59

Your testimonies are wonderful [far exceeding anything conceived by man]; therefore my [penitent] self keeps them [hearing, receiving, loving and obeying them]. Psalm 119:129

You have commanded and appointed Your testimonies in righteousness and in great faithfulness. Psalm 119:138
 
Your righteous testimonies are everlasting and Your decrees are binding to eternity; give me understanding and I shall live [give me discernment and comprehension and I shall not die]. Psalm 119:144

I cried to You; save me, that I may keep Your testimonies [hearing, receiving, loving and obeying them]. Psalm 119:146

Of old have I known Your testimonies, and for a long time, [therefore it is a thoroughly established conviction] that You have founded them forever. Psalm 119:152

Your testimonies have I kept [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying them]; I love them exceedingly. Psalm 119:167


AMEN. AMEN. AMEN.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the blessing of all those people years ago who took the time to translate Your word so that we could have easy access to it today. Thank you for the life that it brings every time we read it. Thank you that as we read it we can be expectant that you will speak to us. Thank you for fresh revelation every time we read it. Thank you that your testimonies are the rejoicing of our heart. In Jesus Name, Amen.

 
 
 

 

No comments: