Saturday, November 26, 2016

Who has gone on before

My steps have held closely to Your paths [to the tracks of the One Who has gone on before]; my feet have not slipped. Psalm 17:5 AMP

There is One Who has gone on before you. He knows exactly what is going to happen. He has made a way for you.

We see this in 1 Chronicles when God speaks to David about a battle he is in ...

And David inquired again of God, and God said to him, Do not go up after them; turn away from them and come [around] upon them over opposite the mulberry trees. And when you hear a sound of marching in the tops of the mulberry or balsam trees, then go out to the battle, for God has gone out before you to smite the Philistine host. 1 Chronicles 14:14-15 AMP

And David's response ...

So David did as God commanded him, and they smote the army of the Philistines from Gibeon even to Gezer. And the fame of David went out into all lands, and the Lord brought the fear of him upon all nations. 1 Chronicles 14:16-17 AMP

God has gone out before each of us. That truth brings so much peace, especially in the times of battle. I have found that to stay in that place of peace there is a responsibility on me to do as these scriptures say ...

1. Stay on God's path - don't get distracted and deviate

I'm staying on your trail; I'm putting one foot in front of the other. I'm not giving up. Psalm 17:5 The Message

2. Keep inquiring of God - asking Him what you have to do next.

I have called upon You, O God, for You will hear me; incline Your ear to me and hear my speech. Show your marvelous loving-kindness, O You Who save by Your right hand those who trust and take refuge in You from those who rise up against them. Psalm 17:6-7 AMP

3. Do as God's commands - have courage to do as God commands, knowing that He has gone on before.

Then there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is My Son, My Chosen One or My Beloved; listen to and yield to and obey Him! Luke 9:35 AMP

Question for today, is there a circumstance you are facing that is causing you distress? Do you know in your heart that God has gone on before you and He has prepared a way?  If not, ask God to reveal more of His truth to you in this area. 

For those who love what you reveal, everything fits - no stumbling around in the dark for them. I wait expectantly for your salvation; GOD, I do what you tell me. My soul guards and keeps all your instructions - oh, how much I love them! I follow your directions, abide by your counsel; my life's an open book before you. Psalm 119:165-168 The Message

 



No comments: