Thursday, November 17, 2016

Living Water

O GOD, You are my God, earnestly will I seek You; my inner self thirsts for You, my flesh longs and is faint for You, in a dry and weary land where no water is. Psalm 63:1

I looked up from my desk on Tuesday and saw my plant, not looking too happy. It was in a dry and weary land where there was no water. I thought that is exactly how I feel sometimes, just plain tired, in need of deep refreshment.

So I watered my plant, and the next day it looked like this ...





Restored, full of life, poised ready for the photosynthesis process. The missing ingredient, water, had been provided.

The Bible reminds us in John, that Jesus is our living water, and that when we drink from Him we will never be thirsty again.

But whoever takes a drink of the water that I will give shall never, no never, be thirsty any more. But the water that I will give him shall become a spring of water welling up (flowing, bubbling) [continually] within him unto (into, for) eternal life.  John 4:14 AMP

Today, let's choose to drink the water that Jesus gives, so that we can be poised ready to do what He has called us to do.

Anyone who drinks the water I give will never thirst - not ever. The water I give will be an artesian spring within, gushing fountains of endless life. John 4:14 The Message


No comments: