Saturday, May 23, 2015

He will turn, change and transform

The Lord will sustain, refresh, and strengthen him on his bed of languishing; all his bed You [O Lord] will turn, change, and transform in his illness. Psalm 41:3 AMP

This scripture is a fantastic reminder of what God can do in our times of illness (and I would suggest times of trial too) if we allow Him access to our heart. God not only sustains, refreshs and strengthens us, but He will, if we are willing, turn, change and transform us. He is preparing us for what He has planned.

For our light, momentary affliction (this slight distress of this passing hour) is ever more and more abundantly preparing and producing and achieving for us an everlasting weight of glory [beyond all measure, excessively surpassing all comparisons and all calculations, a vast and transcendent glory and blessedness never to cease!], 
2 Corinthians 4:17 AMP

Our challenge is to let Him transform us. For me right now I am in the process of letting God transform my thoughts and attitudes regarding one area of my life. I am having to be brave, letting myself be vulnerable and move to a deeper level of trusting God. But I am learning more and more each day, that that is exactly where He wants us to be.

Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you]. Romans 12:2 AMP

Sometimes transformation comes quickly, sometimes it comes slowly. Our responsibility is to 'hang in there' and not give up if it is the 'slow' path. We need to keep trusting that God is in control. He knows what He is doing. We have to make a choice to stick with Him.

But me, I'm not giving up. I'm sticking around to see what God will do. I'm waiting for God to make things right. I'm counting on God to listen to me. Micah 7:7 The Message

Questions for today, if you are in the middle of an illness or trial, are you relying on God to sustain, refresh and strengthen you? Are you keeping your heart open to allow God to turn, change and transform you in the midst of the illness/trial? 

If you have 'closed off' to what God wants to do in you in that area of your life (as I had), why not ask God to help you 'let Him in' again? He is a gentle, loving God who is ready and willing with all you need.

And now [brethren], I commit you to God [I deposit you in His charge, entrusting you to His protection and care]. And I commend you to the Word of His grace [to the commands and counsels and promises of His unmerited favour]. It is able to build you up and to give you [your rightful] inheritance among all God's set-apart ones (those consecrated, purified, and transformed of soul). Acts 20:32 AMP

No comments: