Sunday, May 10, 2015

For my thoughts are not your thoughts

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts and your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9 AMP

How good is it to know that the Lord's thoughts and His ways, are not the same as ours? They are much higher. I find that so comforting to know that God has an overarching plan that we know virtually nothing of (other than the end outcome). That scripture seems to take the pressure off when we don't understand, and can't work it out. It brings us back to a position of trust and awe of our God. A position that both Moses and Jesus knew very well.

And they sang the song of Moses the servant of God and the song of the Lamb, saying, Mighty and marvellous are Your works, O Lord God the Omnipotent! Righteous (just) and true are Your ways, O Sovereign of the ages (King of the nations)! Revelations 15:3 AMP

Question for today, is there something going on in your life that you don't understand? Why not take some time to meditate on Isaiah 55:8,9 and ask God to speak to you through this scripture. The Message Bible puts it this way,

"I don't think the way you think. The way you work isn't the way I work." GOD's decree. "For as the sky soars high above the earth, so the way I work surpasses the way your work, and the way I think is beyond the way you think." Isaiah 55:8,9 The Message


Let's pray, Thank you Lord that your thoughts are not our thoughts, and that your ways are not ours. Thank you that you are holy and pure. Thank you that you are trustworthy and faithful. Please help us to continue to trust you when we don't understand what is going on. Please help us to live in reverent fear and awe of You. In Jesus Name we pray, Amen.


No comments: