Tuesday, May 5, 2015

While I live will I praise the Lord

While I live will I praise the Lord; I will sing praises to my God while I have any being. Psalm 146:2 AMP

Sometimes we don't feel like praising God, especially when things in our lives are seemingly going awry. The Bible tells us it is good to sing praises to our God, that praise is becoming and appropriate.

Praise the Lord! For it is good to sing praises to our God, for He is gracious and lovely; praise is becoming and appropriate. Psalm 147:1 AMP

It can be difficult to make the choice to 'sing praises' when all you want to do is scream, cry and ask why? It has taken me many years of learning what God does in our hearts when we make the choice to praise Him. And from my experience, I have never regretted making the choice to 'sing praises'. Over the years I have gradually learnt to make that one of my default positions when the trials and troubles come.  When we start to praise God, our focus shifts from us and our situation, to Him. We start to think about Who God is and what He has done for us. For me it is always the start of a deeper surrender to God and His love for me.

Yes, furthermore, I count everything as loss compared to the possession of the priceless privilege (the overwhelming preciousness, the surpassing worth, and supreme advantage) of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord and of progressively becoming more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him [of perceiving and recognizing and understanding Him more fully and clearly]. Philippians 3:8a AMP

Question for today, is there something that is going on  your life that is making it difficult for you to praise God? Why not ask God to help you to be able to praise Him, despite your circumstances? And see what happens in your heart and mind.

Thank you Jesus that praising you is becoming and appropriate. Thank you for providing us with ways to become more deeply and intimately acquainted with you. Please teach us to praise you all the days of our lives, no matter what is going on.

For in the day of trouble He will hide me in His shelter; in the secret place of His tent will He hide me; He will set me high upon a rock. And now shall my head be lifted above my enemies round about me; in His tent I will offer sacrifices and shouting of joy; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord. Psalm 27:5-6 AMP

No comments: