Tuesday, May 12, 2015

When I kept silence

When I kept silence [before I confessed], my bones wasted away through my groaning all the day long. Psalm 32:3 AMP

I don't know about you, but for me when I have done something wrong and haven't confessed it to God, I feel yuck! I don't feel quite right, and certainly lack peace. I hadn't thought about it in terms of 'bones wasting away' as this psalm says. But it can certainly feel like some part of me is 'wasting away' and I cannot fully be myself until I have taken the time to come before God and talk to Him about it.

I acknowledged my sin to You, and my iniquity I did not hide. I said, I will confess my transgressions to the Lord [continually unfolding the past till all is told] - then You [instantly] forgave me the guilt and iniquity of my sin. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]! Psalm 32:5 AMP

And sometimes I don't know why it takes so long to get to that place of stopping and confessing to God. God already knows what we have thought, said and done. He is not surprised when we confess. It is not new news to Him. Is it the shame and embarrassment that causes us to hold back? Do we forget that there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus?

Therefore, [there is] now no condemnation (no adjudging guilty of wrong) for those who are in Christ Jesus, who live [and] and walk not after the dictates of the flesh, but after the dictates of the Spirit.  Romans 8:1 AMP

Thankfully through Jesus Christ's sacrifice for us, we have right-standing with God, our heavenly Father. We have the opportunity to have an authentic relationship with our creator. Authentic relationships require us to be humble, say sorry and seek forgiveness when we have done wrong.

For this [forgiveness] let everyone who is godly pray - pray to You in a time when You may be found; surely when the great waters [of trial] overflow, they shall not reach [the spirit in] him. Psalm 32:6 AMP

God's grace is sufficient for everything we have done wrong - again there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 

Many are the sorrows of the wicked, but he who trusts in, relies on, and confidently learns on the Lord shall be compassed about with mercy and with loving-kindness. Psalm 32:10 AMP

God loves us and wants to help us to mature and grow in our relationship with Him.

Question for today, have you done something wrong and not yet confessed it to God? Is it causing your bones to waste away? If so, why not take time right now to stop and confess it to Him, ask for His forgiveness, and receive His forgiveness. And then be glad and rejoice in His love for you.

Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, you [uncompromisingly] righteous [you who are upright and in right standing with Him]; shout for joy, all you upright in heart! Psalm 32:11 AMP

No comments: