Saturday, October 31, 2015

I bring my life

Unto You, O Lord, do I bring my life.
Psalm 25:1 AMP

My life. Your life. What is our purpose here and now? Who or what do we give our lives to?

I am able to do nothing from Myself [independently, of My own accord - but only as I am taught by God and as I get His orders]. Even as I hear, I judge [I decide as I am bidden to decide. As the voice comes to Me, so I give a decision], and My judgement is right (just, righteous), because I do not seek or consult My own will [I have no desire to do what is pleasing to Myself, My own aim, My own purpose] but only the will and pleasure of the Father Who sent Me.  John 5:30 AMP

How different would our day look, if we submitted every thought, word and action to God before we said it or enacted it? How much less confusion would we have in our minds? And how much less confusion would we cause around us?

For He [Who is the source of their prophesying] is not a God of confusion and disorder but of peace and order. 1 Corinthians 14:33 AMP

So what would it take for us to submit to God in that way? 

My first thought is that we need to stop and be still. 

Let be and be still, and know (recognize and understand) that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations! I will be exalted in the earth! Psalm 46:10 AMP

Stop and listen. Stop and listen, not to ourselves, but to the words of Jesus.

And it occurred as the men were parting from Him that Peter said to Jesus, Master, it is delightful and good that we are here; and let us construct three booths or huts - one for You and one for Moses and one for Elijah! not noticing or knowing what he was saying. But even as he was saying this, a cloud came and began to overshadow them, and they were seized with alarm and struck with fear as they entered into the cloud. Then there came a voice of the cloud, saying, This is My Son, My Chosen One or My Beloved; listen to and yield to and obey Him! Luke 9:33-35 AMP

Stop and listen to the teaching of the Holy Spirit. 

But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring remembrance) everything I have told you. John 14:26 AMP

This 'stopping and listening' is a continual journey for us. We are not perfect and won't get it right all the time, probably not even most of the time. But today, let's ask God to help us to stop and listen to Him more than we normally would. Let's ask Him to help us move further towards the place where we wholeheartedly 'bring our lives' to Him.

Incline your ear [submit and consent to the divine will] and come to Me; hear, and your soul will revive; and I will make an everlasting covenant or league with you, even the sure mercy (kindness, goodwill, and compassion) promised to David. Isaiah 55:3 AMP




No comments: