Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Looking away

Some days I find myself looking away from Jesus. I find myself getting distracted from the real purpose and meaning of life. During my devotions this week Hebrews 12v2 reminded me of where I should be looking, 

Looking away [from all that will distract] to Jesus, Who is the Leader and Source of our faith [giving first incentive for our belief] and is also its Finisher [bringing it to maturity and perfection]. He, for the joy [of obtaining the prize] that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising and ignoring the shame, and is now seated at the right hand of the throne of God.

Some days it is so easy to start looking toward people and things. It is so easy to start problem solving in my own strength and then have everything come crashing in a heap! Because my strength is not enough. My wisdom is incomplete. My grace in insufficient. 

Rather it is Jesus 'Who is the Leader and Source of our faith'. It is Jesus who is the strength. It is Jesus who is the wisdom. It is Jesus who is grace. It is Jesus who I should be looking to, not looking away from.

Jesus, please forgive me for looking away from you, when rather I should be looking to you. Thank you for your strength, wisdom and grace that is sufficient. 

Is there an area in your life where you have been looking away from Jesus? Is there an area in your life that really needs His strength, wisdom and grace? Why not ask His forgiveness and accept all the help He wants to give you today? Jesus is the Leader and Source of our faith.

No comments: