Thursday, January 3, 2019

I will be exalted through the whole earth

Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!
Psalm 46:10 NKJV

Being a very task focused person, this is one of the scriptures the Holy Spirit often reminds me of.  It is one of my go-to scriptures when I feel myself getting overwhelmed with life's circumstances. 

A couple of worship songs based on this scripture can often help me get to that place of 'Being still', Be Still by Kari Jobe and Be Still on the Hillsong album, There is more. They are on my 'Be still' playlist!

When I was seeking God on scriptures He wanted me to keep focused on this year, 2019, Psalm 46:10 was one of them. I looked it up in The Passion Translation to help me get a fresh revelation on it ..

Surrender your anxiety!
Be silent and stop your striving and you will see that I am God.
I am God above all the nations, and I will be exalted through the whole earth. Psalm 46:10 TPT

Over the years, my main focus when reading this scripture has been the 'Be still, and know that I am God,' with me speaking to my mind, telling it to settle. 

But last week when I read this scripture from The Passion Translation I felt that God was directly speaking to me from the last part of the verse ....  'Wendy don't fear the future for I am God above all the nations, and I will be exalted through the whole earth.' 

I am... I will 

I had this overwhelming sense of God's power and authority on this earth. That despite what people say and do, He is and always will be the God above all nations, and He will be exalted through the whole earth - as unlikely as that seems today.   Romans 14:11 came to mind ...

Just as it is written:

"As surely as I am the Living God, I tell you:
'Every knee will bow before me and every tongue will confess the truth and glorify me!" 
Romans 14:11 TPT

Which is then followed by ...

Therefore, each one must answer for himself and give a personal account of his own life before God. So stop being critical and condemning of other believers, but instead determine to never deliberately cause a brother or sister to stumble and fall because of your actions. Romans 14:12-13 TPT

Plenty to meditate on there!

But back to Psalm 46:10, where God is declaring Who He is and that He will be exalted. Here is the Amplified version,

Let be and be still, and know (recognise and understand) that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations! I will be exalted in the earth! Psalm 46:10 AMP

Exalt - to elevate by praise; related to 'glorify'  - to give glory (as in worship) (from Mirriam-Webster)

So what does exalting God look like in our lives? What does it look like in my life? What does it look like in your life? Perhaps a better question is what does God want it to look like in our lives?

Let's pray, 

Heavenly Father, 

Thank you for the blessing of having your written word so freely available to us. Thank you for the revelation your Holy Spirit provides when we read it with the expectation that You will speak to us. 

I acknowledge that you are God. Thank you for sending your son Jesus to be my Lord and Saviour. Thank you for giving the Holy Spirit to be my counsellor and guide every minute of every day.  

Please help me to exalt you in the way You want to be exalted. Thank you that your grace is always sufficient and your mercies are new every morning. I love  you.

In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.






No comments: