Friday, January 18, 2019

Acknowledging God before starting the To do List.

Have you ever woken up thinking how am I going to get all these things done today? Where do I start? Well that was me one morning this week. 

I had a specific time that I had to leave home for an appointment and I had a list of jobs that needed to do be done before leaving. I could estimate the time required for some of the jobs, but for the remainder it was unknown.

Despite the list of jobs, I knew my number one priority was to commune with God. But how difficult it was to focus on Him when that list of jobs was running around in my head! The temptation to just get started on the jobs was so great.

But I knew that if I didn't stop and have time with God before commencing the day, things would not go as smoothly as they could do.

So I turned up the worship song that was playing , O come to the Altar by Elevation Worship, took off my glasses (so if I was tempted to open my eyes I couldn't read my list!!!), and simply said, "Speak to me God, show me how to do this day well."


My heart was ready to receive truth from God. I knew God was there and He wanted to talk to me. Just like He wants to talk to you today. And just like He wanted to speak to Samuel all those years ago ...

Then GOD came and stood before im, exactly as before, calling out, 'Samuel! Samuel!' Samuel answered, 'Speak. I am your servant, ready to listen.' 1 Samuel 3:10 The Message

And then our ever practical God said this to me,

"Wendy, just put one foot in front of the other and do what I’ve asked you to do."

Yes, that was exactly what I needed to hear. There is such truth in His words. They cut through that jobs list every time.

Listen for GOD's voice in everything you do; everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Acknowledge Him. I need you God today, and every day, all day.

And you guessed it, I got all those jobs done with ease, in fact with 10 minutes to spare!!!! 

Oh God, why don't I live every moment like this with You guiding every area in my life? Why do I still wrestle in my own strength? Why do I still think that in some situations I know best? Why is there the continual need to learn to yield - the continual dying to self?


"My old identity has been co-crucified with the Messiah and no longer lives; for the nails of his cross crucified me with him. And now the essence of this new life is no longer mine, for the Anointed One lives his live through me - we live in union as one! My new life is empowered by the faith of the Son of God who loves me so much that he gave himself for me, and dispenses his life into mine!" Galatians 2:20 TPT

Thank you Jesus that I have a new life that is empowered by your faith. Please help me to really live as one with you. Please help me to work out my salvation well.


"My beloved ones, just like you've always listened to everything I've taught you in the past, I'm asking you now to keep following my instructions as though I were right there with you. Now you must continue to make this new life fully manifested as you live in the holy awe of God - which brings you trembling into His presence." Philippians 2:12 TPT

Your presence God, what a beautiful place to be. Peace, love and joy are all there, ready to be embraced. Speak. I am your servant, ready to listen.

When we stop, take time to acknowledge God and listen and obey His ways, the result is always magnificent. How can it not be? He is magnificent.

GOD is magnificent; he can never be praised enough. There are no boundaries to his greatness. Generation after generation stands in awe of your work; each one tells stories of your mighty acts. Psalm 145:3-4 The Message


No comments: