Sunday, July 5, 2015

My help comes from the Lord

I will lift up my eyes to the hills [around Jerusalem, to sacred Mount Zion and Mount Moriah]—From whence shall my help come? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth. Psalms 121:1-2 AMP

There are so many places we can look for help. There is One who will always provide the best help, the most appropriate help, the most timely help. The Lord. He is the Lord who made heaven and earth, and He made you and me.

For You did form my inward parts; You did knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I will confess and praise You for You are fearful and wonderful and for the awful wonder of my birth! Wonderful are Your works, and that my inner self knows right well.
My frame was not hidden from You when I was being formed in secret [and] intricately and curiously wrought [as if embroidered with various colors] in the depths of the earth [a region of darkness and mystery].
Your eyes saw my unformed substance, and in Your book all the days [of my life] were written before ever they took shape, when as yet there was none of them.
How precious and weighty also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them!
If I could count them, they would be more in number than the sand. When I awoke, [could I count to the end] I would still be with You.
Psalms 139:13-18 AMP

Not only does this scripture speak of how God made you and me, it speaks of how he made every human being that has ever walked the earth (which He made too), including the 7 billion (approx) of us here today. Not only did He make us, but also that He knows us and has precious thoughts about us, a vast number of precious thoughts about us.

As we know, things went awry in the garden of Eden, removing our ability to have a relationship with God. But God in His grace and love for us, His precious creations, provided a way for us to come back  into relationship with Him. 

Oh, blessed be God!
He didn't go off and leave us.
He didn't abandon us defenseless,
helpless as a rabbit in a pack of snarling dogs.
We've flown free from their fangs,
free of their traps, free as a bird.
Their grip is broken;
we're free as a bird in flight.
God's strong name is our help,
the same God who made heaven and earth.
Psalms 124:6-8 The Message

God gave us Jesus. Name above all names. The best help there ever was, and ever will be. The help that has bought us back into right standing with God. The help that enables us to have a relationship with our creator. The help that stops us from going to Hell. The help that gives us life and life in abundance.

I am the Door; anyone who enters in through Me will be saved (will live). He will come in and he will go out [freely], and will find pasture.
The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows). John 10:9-10 AMP

Question for today, Are you looking for help for some area of your life? Be encouraged, help from above, from your Heavenly Father is always available. Sometimes His help comes in ways we don't expect, it may be a practical help, it may be an emotional help, it may be a necessary heart change help. Keep looking to Him for your help. He has a vast number of precious thoughts about you. He will never let you down.

No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he'll never let you be pushed past your limit; he'll always be there to help you come through it. 
1 Corinthians 10:13 The Message


No comments: