Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Who are You, Lord?

And I said, Who are You, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus, Whom you are persecuting.
But arise and stand upon your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, that I might appoint you to serve as [My] minister and to bear witness both to what you have seen of Me and to that in which I will appear to you, Choosing you out [selecting you for Myself] and delivering you from among this [Jewish] people and the Gentiles to whom I am sending you—To open their eyes that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may thus receive forgiveness and release from their sins and a place and portion among those who are consecrated and purified by faith in Me. Acts 26:15-18 AMP

What a question, Who are You Lord? Let's look at this scripture for some answers to this question. 

Jesus is .... the One who appoints people to serve as His ministers.

You have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you and I have appointed you [I have planted you], that you might go and bear fruit and keep on bearing, and that your fruit may be lasting [that it may remain, abide], so that whatever you ask the Father in My Name [as presenting all that I AM], He may give it to you. John 15:16 AMP

Jesus is....the One who delivers us 

And [how you] look forward to and await the coming of His Son from heaven, Whom He raised from the dead—Jesus, Who personally rescues and delivers us out of and from the wrath [bringing punishment] which is coming [upon the impenitent] and draws us to Himself [investing us with all the privileges and rewards of the new life in Christ, the Messiah]. 1 Thessalonians 1:10 AMP

Jesus is ... The One who offers forgiveness and release from our sins

So let it be clearly known and understood by you, brethren, that through this Man forgiveness and removal of sins is now proclaimed to you; 
And that through Him everyone who believes [who acknowledges Jesus as his Saviour  and devotes himself to Him] is absolved (cleared and freed) from every charge from which he could not be justified and freed by the Law of Moses and given right standing with God. Acts 13:38-39 AMP

Jesus is ... The One, who through faith in Him, allows us to be consecrated and purified, so we can be in right standing with our Heavenly Father.

Yet we know that a man is justified or reckoned righteous and in right standing with God not by works of the Law, but [only] through faith and [absolute] reliance on and adherence to and trust in Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One). [Therefore] even we [ourselves] have believed on Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the Law [for we cannot be justified by any observance of the ritual of the Law given by Moses], because by keeping legal rituals and by works no human being can ever be justified (declared righteous and put in right standing with God). Galatians 2:16 AMP

Simply put, Jesus is our Saviour.

[It is that purpose and grace] which He now has made known and has fully disclosed and made real [to us] through the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, Who annulled death and made it of no effect and brought life and immortality (immunity from eternal death) to light through the Gospel. 2 Timothy 1:10 AMP

Let's take some time right now to meditate on all that Jesus has done for us, all He is doing and all He is going to do. And let's come to Him with a thankful heart. He is our Saviour and is worthy of our praise.

The Lord is my Strength and my [impenetrable] Shield; my heart trusts in, relies on, and confidently leans on Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song will I praise Him. Psalm 28:7 AMP







No comments: