Wednesday, June 24, 2015

God's strength and power

I do not normally use this blog for updates about our daughter, however, given what I posted yesterday I thought it would be appropriate to give a quick update on how she is today.

God has again shown us His overwhelming grace. The doctor and physio are both of the opinion that the reason Victoria has been unable to walk is due to muscular issues, not neurological issues. She has returned to school today with a walking frame, which hopefully within the next week will no longer be necessary.

A friend text this scripture to me yesterday as we sat waiting to see the doctor.

But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) andshow themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, maypitch a tent over and dwell) upon me! 2 Corinthians 12:9 AMP

How grateful we are for God's strength and power and that indeed it is most effective in our weakness. 

Thank you for praying for Victoria and our family. We give God the glory for all He is doing in our lives, and that He continues to get us through the tough days.

No comments: