Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Our powerful God-tools

We use our powerful God-tools for smashing warped philosophies, tearing down barriers erected against the truth of God, fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of life shaped by Christ. Our tools are ready at hand for clearing the ground of every obstruction and building lives of obedience into maturity. 2 Corinthians 10:5-6 The Message

A bit of a story today .... two days ago I shared this scripture in an update about Victoria on the Victoria Grace Conqueror blog. I shared it in relation to keeping my thoughts captive as her next scan draws nearer. As I wrote the scripture I felt the Holy Spirit say to me, really take hold of this Wendy. So when I posted the blog update I printed that scripture and another one He had given me back in April, on bright pink paper and laminated them. The other scripture was Habakkuk 3:18-19

Yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will exult in the [victorious] God of my salvation! The Lord God is my Strength, my personal bravery, and my invincible army; He makes my feet like hinds' feet and will make me walk [not to stand still in terror, but to walk] and make [spiritual] progress upon my high places [of trouble, suffering, or responsibility]! Habakkuk 3:18-19 AMP 

About eight hours after posting that blog entry, I hear these words from my daughter's mouth 'I can't walk' and I find her crawling in the hallway. What happens in my mind?  All those memories of those very same words that came from her mouth 4.5 years ago before she was diagnosed with a brain tumour come flooding back. Then comes the scripture God gave me that very morning - fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of life shaped by Christ. Yes, that is exactly what I need to do - contain those thoughts and speak life not death. I need to walk, and not stand still in terror. 

We continue to get ready for church. Victoria decides to take the scooter to help herself get around. And so she scoots into church with a smile on her face. I walk into church, following her lead, with a smile on my face, inwardly continually making a decision to trust, to praise, to trust, to praise, to trust. 

The [uncompromisingly] righteous shall be glad in the Lord and shall trust and take refuge in Him; and all the upright in heart shall glory and offer praise. Psalm 64:10 AMP

At the end of the service, Victoria shows me a prayer card she has written out for herself, something along the lines of 'Dear Lord, please help me to get better Amen.' Prayer was offered at the end of the service, so we went up and her sisters and I prayed in agreement with our Pastor.

Again I tell you, if two of you agree (harmonize together, make a symphony together) about whatever [anything and everything] they may ask, it will come to pass and be done for them by My Father in heaven. For wherever two or three are gathered (drawn together as My followers) in (into) My name, there I AM in the midst of them. Matthew 18:19-20 AMP

Twenty Four hours after that prayer, sustained stretching, heatpacks and a warm bath Victoria continues to have difficulty walking. Yesterday I carried around the pink scriptures every where, reminding myself that 
- Yet I will rejoice in the Lord
- The Lord is my Strength
- He will make me walk  and not stand still in terror
- I will use his powerful God-tools for fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of life shaped by Christ.

I went to bed with these scriptures by my pillow. But just before going to bed I put the call out to some faithful prayer warriors, asking for them to pray for Victoria. 

As I went to sleep, our gracious God gave me a picture of someone interceding for her. That someone was her Saviour, Jesus Christ. What peace that bought to my mind. 

I do not know what Victoria will be like when she awakes this morning. But I do know this and we as a family will be standing on it today.

Who is there to condemn [us]? Will Christ Jesus (the Messiah), Who died, or rather Who was raised from the dead, Who is at the right hand of God actually pleading as He intercedes for us? 

Who shall ever separate us from Christ's love? Shall suffering and affliction and tribulation? Or calamity and distress? Or persecution or hunger or destitution or peril or sword? 

Even as it is written, For Thy sake we are put to death all the day long; we are regarded and counted as sheep for the slaughter. 

Yet amid all these things we are more than conquerors and gain a surpassing victory through Him Who loved us.  For I am persuaded beyond doubt (am sure) that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities, nor things impending and threatening not things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:34-39 AMP 

I pray that what I have shared this morning will be of some encouragement to anyone else who finds themselves in the midst of a spiritual battle. Our God has given us powerful tools to use in the battle. This morning as I got dressed, with each piece of clothing I pictured myself physically putting on the armour of God. I know God has got it covered, and it is my job to stand, not in terror, but in faith. I pray that you can do the same.

Be alert and on your guard; stand firm in your faith (your conviction respecting man's relationship to God and divine things, keeping the trust and holy fervor born of faith and a part of it). Act like men and be courageous; grow in strength! 1 Corinthians 16:13 AMP



1 comment:

Mindy said...

Wow amazing courage both Wendy and Victoria.