Saturday, June 13, 2015

Guide me in Your truth

Guide me in Your truth and faithfulness and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You [You only and altogether] do I wait [expectantly] all the day long. Psalm 25:5 AMP

This scripture aptly describes what God has been doing in my life during the past few weeks. Among other things, He has been asking me the question, 'Whose truth is guiding you Wendy? Is it My truth or is it Wendy's 'truth' based on fear?' 

[Then] He will cover you with His pinions, and under His wings shall you trust and find refuge; His truth and His faithfulness are a shield and a buckler. You shall not be afraid of the terror of the night, nor of the arrow (the evil plots and slanders of the wicked) that flies by day, Nor of the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor of the destruction and sudden death that surprise and lay waste at noon day. Psalm 91:4-6 AMP

In all honesty it hasn't been a pleasant few weeks. As the days went by, the Holy Spirit revealed to me that I hadn't been guarding my heart. I had let the lies come in and take hold.

Guard and keep [with the greatest care] the precious and excellently adapted [Truth] which has been entrusted [to you], by the [help of the] Holy Spirit Who makes His home in us. 2 Timothy 1:14 AMP

God, our Heavenly Father, has gently been reminding me that He has provided all that we need to do this life on earth. He has given us a complete set of armour to walk through each day with. We just need to remember to put it on.

Therefore put on God's complete armour, that you may be able to resist and stand your ground on the evil day [of danger], and having done all [the crisis demands], to stand [firmly in your place]. Stand therefore [hold your ground], having tightened the belt of truth around your loins and having put on the breastplate of integrity and of moral rectitude and right standing with God, and having shod your feet in preparation [to face the enemy with the firm-footed stability, the promptness, and the readiness produce by the good news] of the Gospel of peace. Lift up over all the [covering] shield of saving faith, upon which you can quench all the flaming missiles of the wicked [one]. And take the helmet of salvation and the sword that the Spirit wields, which is the Word of God. Ephesians 6:13-17 AMP

What a wonderful teacher God is, so full of truth, mercy, grace and wisdom. It has been a challenging few weeks on many fronts, but God has guided me. He has been faithful and reminded me yet again that He is trustworthy. He has taught me more about waiting for Him and Him alone, and in that time of waiting, to keep a guard over my mouth. He has reminded me again about the tongue and it's power to bring destruction and it's power to bring healing.

A soft answer turns away wrath, but grievous words stir up anger. The tongue of the wise utters knowledge rightly, but the mouth of the [self-confident] fool pours our folly. The eyes of the Lord are in every place, keeping watch upon the evil and the good. A gentle tongue [with it's healing power] is a tree of life, but willful contrariness in it breaks down the spirit. Proverbs 15:1-3 AMP

So it has been an eventful few weeks as God has done another refining work in my heart. I am grateful that He doesn't leave us to navigate through these 'learning programs' by ourselves. But rather, He is right there, in the midst, guiding us in His truth, showing us His faithfulness and teaching us His ways. 

Question for today, does your 'truth' line up with God's truth for your life? If like me, your 'truth' has gotten a little skewed in some areas, why not take time today to ask God to show you His truth for the circumstance. Ask Him to show you how to guard the Truth He has given you. And remember to put that guard over your mouth (it's a challenge - I know, but God is willing and able to help us).

Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and they who indulge in it shall eat the fruit of it [for death or life]. Proverbs 18:21 AMP





No comments: