Thursday, June 25, 2015

Your stability and faithfulness

But this I recall and therefore have I hope and expectation: It is because of the Lord's mercy and loving-kindness that we are not consumed, because His [tender] compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great and abundant in Your stability and faithfulness. Lamentations 3:21-23 AMP

As circumstances come and go (and some that always seem to be there) I am learning more and more how 'unstable' my thoughts and emotions are and how stable my God is. As I read this scripture a picture came to me of a graph with two lines. There is a flat line and that is God's line, completely stable from infinity to infinity. Then there is my line, going up, going down, flat lining, going down, going up, flat lining, going up etc, completely driven by responses to my circumstances.  Thankfully, by God's grace, there are some times of stability on my line, when I am completely focused on God and His truth about the circumstance.

The works of His hands are [absolute] truth and justice [faithful and right]; and all His decrees and precepts are sure (fixed, established, and trustworthy). They stand fast and are established forever and ever and are done in [absolute] truth and uprightness. Psalm 111:7-8 AMP

So what happens to move us from that line of stability? Life. Something is said, something is done, something is seen, that shifts our focus, even if momentarily, from the stability that is in God and His truth. So for me, the question then becomes, how long do I stay unaligned with God and His truth? How long does it take for His truth to speak louder to me that my fears? How long does it take to get back to fixing my eyes on Jesus, My Saviour in all things?

Accordingly God also, in His desire to show more convincingly and beyond doubt to those who were to inherit the promise the unchangeableness of His purpose and plan, intervened (mediated) with an oath. This was so that, by two unchangable things [His promise and His oath] in which it is impossible for God ever to prove false or deceive us, we who have fled [to Him] for refuge might have mighty indwelling strength and strong encouragement to grasp and hold fast the hope appointed for us and set before [us]. [Now] we have this [hope] as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul [it cannot slip and it cannot break down under whoever steps out upon it - a hope] that reaches farther and enters into [the very certainty of the Presence] within the veil, Where Jesus has entered in for us [in advance], a Forerunner having become a High Priest forever after the order (with the rank) of Melchizedek. Hebrews 6:17-20 AMP

Amen and Amen. Now there is a scripture to shout out and declare and help draw us back to Jesus and stability in Him. 

Question for today, what would your line look like on the graph I described above? Would it be like mine - a bit all over the place? If so, ask God to show you how to become more stable when the circumstances are pushing you off course. He is our model and source of stability.

No comments: