Saturday, June 6, 2015

What would you say in regard to Him?

For David says in regard to Him, I saw the Lord constantly before me, for He is at my right hand that I may not be shaken or overthrown or cast down [from my secure and happy state]. Therefore my heart rejoiced and my tongue exulted exceedingly; moreover, my flesh also will dwell in hope [will encamp, pitch its tent, and dwell in hope and in anticipation of the resurrection]. For You will not abandon my soul, leaving it helpless in Hades (the state of departed spirits), nor let Your Holy One know decay or see destruction [of the body after death]. You have made known to me the ways of life; You will enrapture me [diffusing my soul with joy] with and in Your presence. Acts 2:25-28 AMP

This scripture starts with 'For David says in regard to Him'. What would you say in regard to Him? What is it that Jesus has done for you? Let's look at some of the things David has on his list.

David saw the Lord constantly before him. David understood the security that comes from having that realisation that God is always in the midst. He understood God's love, mercy and grace for him. A truth that Zephaniah declares,

The Lord your God is in the midst of you, a Mighty One, a Saviour [Who saves]! He will rejoice over you with joy! He will rest [in silent satisfaction] and in His love He will be silent and make no mention [of past sins, or even recall them]; He will exult over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17 AMP

David knew that God was not going to leave Him, but rather He was going to provide a way for Him to be in right-standing with God and have eternal life. David knew that God was His hope. The same hope we read about in Job.

Then [God] is gracious to him and says, Deliver him from going down into the pit [of destruction]; I have found a ransom (a price of redemption, an atonement)! [Then the man's] flesh shall be restored; it becomes fresher and more tender than a child's; he returns to the days of his youth. He prays to God, and He is favourable to him, so that he sees His face with joy; for [God] restores to him his righteousness (his uprightness and right standing with God - with its joys). He looks upon other men or sings out to them, I have sinned and perverted that which was right, and it did not profit me, or He did not requite me [according to my iniquity]! [God] has redeemed my life from going down to the pit [of destruction], and my life shall see light! Job 33:24 -28 AMP

David knew that God was life. He knew that being with and in God's presence enabled him to live with joy. 

You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy, at Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore. Psalm 16:11 AMP

Questions for today, what would you say in regard to Him? What testimony would you give? What has He made known to you? 

John testified about Him and cried out, This was He of Whom I said, He Who comes after me has priority over me, for He was before me. [He takes rank above me, for He existed before I did. He has advanced before me, because He is my Chief.] For out of His fullness (abundance) we have all received [all had a share and we were all supplied with] one grace after another and spiritual blessing upon spiritual blessing and even favour upon favour and gift [heaped] upon gift. For while the Law was given through Moses, grace (unearned, undeserved favour and spiritual blessing) and truth came through Jesus Christ. No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known]. John 1:15-18 AMP



No comments: