Thursday, June 11, 2015

Chiseled by trial

When swelling and pride come, then emptiness and shame come also, but with the humble (those who are lowly, who have been pruned or chiseled by trial, and renounce self) are skillful and godly Wisdom and soundness. Proverbs 11:2 AMP

It seems that over the past few weeks there has been a continuing chiseling going on in my heart. I am now up to the fifth situation/circumstance in which I am finding myself asking God lots of questions like, what is going on here? What is it that I am not seeing? What is it that you want me to see? Why am I reacting like this? Why do I have such a lack of trust in this area? Why do I feel so rejected when I am so loved? Have I forgotten to whom I belong?

And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined and will test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, and I will hear and answer them. I will say, It is My people; and they will say, This is my God. Zechariah 13:9 AMP

I am one of His people. So now, today, it is time to stop asking questions and take time to listen. Time to be still and hear His voice.

Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says: Today, if you will hear His voice, do not harden your hearts, as [happened] in the rebellion [of Israel] and their provocation and embitterment [of Me] in the day of testing in the wilderness, where your fathers tried [My patience] and tested [My forebearance] and found I stood their test, and they saw My works for forty years. And so I was provoked (displeased and sorely grieved) with that generation, and said, They always err and are led astray in their hearts, and they have not perceived or recognised My ways and become progressively better and more experimentally and intimately acquainted with them. Hebrews 3:7-10 AMP

Some of these situations I have faced over the past few weeks are not new. I have faced them before. So this begs the question, have I hardened my heart to what God has been trying to teach me? Have I been so pre-occupied with my own ways that I have not perceived or recognised God's ways? The answer would have to be 'yes'. There is pride to be chiseled away. Time again for repenting, asking and receiving forgiveness and hopefully sustaining a heart change and living out of godly Wisdom in this area in the future.

Questions for today, are you in the middle of a trial, feeling as though the chiseling is taking a toll? Why not let yourself get vulnerable with God, and ask Him the questions that are stirring deep in your heart? Then, as I am going to do today, take the time to hear His voice and let your heart be changed.

And I will give them a heart to know (recognise, understand, and be acquainted with) Me, that I am the Lord; and they will be My people, and I will be their God, for they will return to Me with their whole heart. Jeremiah 24:7 AMP

No comments: