Thursday, June 4, 2015

Who do you confide in?

I will thank You and confide in You forever, because You have done it [delivered me and kept me safe]. I will wait on, hope in and expect in Your name, for it is good, in the presence of Your saints. Psalm 52:9 AMP

Who do you confide in? Are they trustworthy? Are they gracious towards you? Do they offer you wisdom that lines up with the way they live their lives? 

I am blessed to have family and friends that I can confide in, but there is only one that knows my inner most thoughts, fears and desires. And that is my Heavenly Father. He knows my heart. He knows each of our hearts.

And they prayed and said, You, Lord, Who know all hearts (their thoughts, passions, desires, appetites, purposes, and endeavours) Acts 1:24a AMP

He is always ready to listen and hear what we want to confide. In our times of distress, He is listening.

In my distress [when seemingly closed in] I called upon the Lord and cried to my God; He heard my voice out of His temple (heavenly dwelling place), and my cry came before Him, into His [very] ears. Psalm 18:6 AMP

In our times of wanting direction for our lives, He is listening. He is always ready to align our hearts and plans with His heart and plans for our lives.

Roll your works upon the Lord [commit and trust them wholly to Him; He will cause your thoughts to become agreeable to His will, and] so shall your plans be established and succeed. Proverbs 16:3 AMP

Our Heavenly Father wants us to make Him our first stop when it comes to confiding. God always knows what is best.

He who deals wisely and heeds [God's] word and counsel shall find good, and whoever leans on, trusts in, and is confident in the Lord - happy, blessed and fortunate is he. Proverbs 16:20 AMP

So let's not hold back when it comes to confiding our inner most thoughts, desires and fears to God. Jesus has made a way for us to come directly to God and confide in an atmosphere of grace.

Let us then fearlessly and confidently and boldly draw near to the throne of grace (the throne of God's unmerited favour to us sinners), that we may receive mercy (for our failures) and find grace to help in good time for every need [appropriate and well-timed help, coming just when we need it]. Hebrews 4:16 AMP

Question for today, who do you confide in? Is God on your list of confidants? Is He at the top of your list? He wants to be. If there is something on your mind right now, and you are thinking, I need to get advice from "person X" about this, why not speak to God about it first, and listen to what He has to say. 

"My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the LORD." And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9 NLT



No comments: