Thursday, June 9, 2016

Let's be near to God


Yesterday I was reading this scripture ....

He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love [for love waved as a protecting and comforting banner over my head when I was near him]. Song of Songs 2:4 AMP

What a beautiful picture - love waving over our head as a protecting and comforting banner. 

And then look at the next few words, 'when I was near him'.

We always have a choice, to draw near to God or to move away from Him. He is always there, the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. We are the ones who move and change.

The words Charlotte chose to write on that picture above (that she made for me last year and is now laminated and on my desk), remind me of that choice .... 'God is with you and I hope you are with him to.' Every time I read it I think, 'Yes Charlotte, you are right, I need to be with God, every day.'

Sometimes we do feel like running away, especially when it looks like prayers aren't being answered. But those times are when we need to press in more to God. Ask Him what is going on. Ask Him what we need to change. Make the declaration, loud and clear - 'I am trusting You alone God to sort this out'. These are the times when we are given an opportunity for our faith to rise.

But without faith it is impossible to please and be satisfactory to Him. For whoever would come near to God must [necessarily] believe that God exists and that He is the rewarder of those who earnestly and diligently seek Him [out]. Hebrews 11:6 AMP

The Message Bible puts it this way,

It's impossible to please God apart from faith. And why? Because anyone who wants to approach God must believe both that he exists and that he cares enough to respond to those who seek him. Hebrews 11:6 The Message

It is always a good choice to come nearer to God. 

Question for today, are you choosing to draw nearer to God regardless of what is happening around you? Are you going to choose to be near Him, with his banner of love and protection over you?

He has lifted up a horn for His people [giving them power, prosperity, dignity and preeminence], a song of praise for all His godly ones, for the people of Israel, who are near to Him. Praise the Lord! (Hallelujah!) Psalm 148:14 AMP


No comments: