Thursday, June 30, 2016

Tomorrow

So do not worry or be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will have worries and anxieties of its own. Sufficient for each day is it own troubles. Matthew 6:34 AMP

This theme of 'not worrying about what will happen tomorrow' seems to be one God is continually working on in me. Each day something presents itself and I start to think, 'How are we going to fix that? What will happen tomorrow if this situation doesn't change?

And then when I sit and talk to God about it, He always reminds me, 'focus on today and use what is in your hands. I have got tomorrow covered.'

"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things comes up when the time comes." Matthew 6:34 The Message

What an act of self-discipline it is to give your entire attention to what God is doing now. It takes a conscious decision to not go down the 'control' path or the 'worry' path. It is much better to go down the 'take it to God' path. Yes, it is a case of casting our cares and trusting God with every aspect of our lives, big and small. 

Trust GOD from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure everything out on your own. Listen for GOD's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:5-6 The Message

It is a case of daring to believe that He cares so much about us that His grace is sufficient for whatever is going on. And regardless of how ill-equipped we feel.

And then he told me, My grace is enough; it's all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness. 

Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9 The Message

Question for today, what is concerning you right now? Whatever it is, it is not too big for God. He is the creator of the universe. His grace is sufficient for you, me and everyone else He created. Why not take time now to tell God about your concerns, and then leave them with Him, expectant that He will take care of them. And during the day, when the temptation comes to worry or be concerned again, remind yourself, 'No, I left that one with God today. I am waiting on Him'.







No comments: