Saturday, July 2, 2016

Our weaknesses

Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good. Romans 8:26-28 The Message

There have been many times in my life when I have been tired in the waiting. So tired that I didn't know what to pray. So grateful that other people were standing in the gap for me. And so grateful that God's Spirit was praying exactly what I needed to pray. What peace it brings to know that even when it comes to praying, we don't have to do it alone. Another version puts it this way,

And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don't know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God's own will. Romans 8:26-27 NLT

The Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. Often the world today tells us to hide our weaknesses, don't let anyone see them. But that is not how our God works. No, He wants us to come to Him with our weaknesses. He wants us to acknowledge that we need Him. And why? Because when we say we need God, we are saying we can't do it alone, we need His wisdom, His grace, and we are letting the power of Christ work through us.

Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

If we keep trying to do it all ourselves, where is the room for Jesus in our lives? Where is the room for the Holy Spirit's leadings?

Questions for today, what are your weaknesses? Have you given them to God? Are you letting Him bring His grace and wisdom into those areas of your life? Sometimes pride and a lack of trust can stop us talking to God about our weaknesses, which is a bit funny if you think about it, as He knows everything about us anyway. Wherever you are at, today, let's take a step closer to Him in our areas of weakness, and acknowledge our complete need for Him.

But He said to me, My grace (My favour and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me! 2 Corinthians 12:9 AMP



No comments: