Tuesday, July 19, 2016

He has a plan


Sometimes our lives can look like this photo, filled with things that are seemingly blocking our future. Annoying branches that slow us down as we try to move forward. Clouds that obscure our vision. But as we battle the branches and walk beneath the clouds, we need to always remember God's words ...

I know what I'm doing, I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you home for. "When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen. When you come looking for me, you'll find me." Jeremiah 29:11-13 The Message

He is always there. Even if He only appears to be a glimmer in the distance. Again, His word tells us, 

Haven't I commanded you? Strength! Courage! Don't be timid; don't get discouraged. GOD, you God, is with you every step you take." Joshua 1:9 The Message

It is on these days, or in these months and sometimes years that we have to trust that He has a plan, even when we don't understand it.

Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6 AMP


It has been my experience that over time, even though the branches and clouds may still be there, our desire for, and focus on Him grows and grows. The branches and clouds become 'background noise'. God and His majesty take centre stage. And we know, that we know, that we know, He has a plan.

For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me." Jeremiah 29:11 NLT

Question for today, is there something in your life that is causing you to doubt that God has a plan for you, a good plan for you? If yes, I encourage you to take time to read, read and re-read this scripture daily, asking God to help you believe that this is a truth for your life. He loves you and His plan for you is good.

For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome. Then you will call upon Me, and your will come and pray to Me, and I will hear and heed you. Then you will seek Me, inquire for, and require Me [as a vital necessity] and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:11-13 AMP

No comments: