Thursday, July 28, 2016

Look what God has done

I look up to the mountains; 
does my strength come from mountains?
No, my strength comes from GOD, 
who made heaven, and earth, and mountains.
Psalm 121:1-2 The Message

A few thoughts today about Who God is, the maker of heaven and earth. Let's take some time to wonder at His majesty and what He did for us ...

Come, let's shout praises to GOD, raise the roof for the Rock who saved us! Let's march into his presence singing praises, lifting the rafters with our hymns!

And why? Because GOD is the best, High King over all the gods. In one hand he holds deep caves and caverns, in the other hand grasps the high mountains. He made Ocean - he owns it! His hands sculpted Earth!

So come, let us worship: bow before him, on your knees before GOD, who made us! Oh yes, he's our God, and we're the people he pastures, the flock he feeds. Drop everything and listen, listen as he speaks. Psalm 95:1-7 The Message

The mighty God that created all we see around us, made us too, as David reminds us in Psalm 139

You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous - how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. 
Psalm 139:13-16 NLT

And what's more, He thinks about us, precious thoughts, and He is always with us.

How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me! Psalm 139:17 NLT

He made a way for us, despite all our failings and mistakes, to be in relationship with Him, and have the promise of living eternally in that beautiful heaven He created.

This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. John 3:16 The Message

A truth which takes me right back to Psalm 95:1 -2 ....

 
Come, let's shout praises to GOD, raise the roof for the Rock who saved us! Let's march into his presence singing praises, lifting the rafters with our hymns!

So today, let's take some time out to stop and look at what God has done and shout out praise to Him.


May you be blessed by GOD, by GOD, who made heaven and earth. Psalm 115:15 The Message




No comments: