Thursday, July 21, 2016

The Source

Yet for us there is [only] one God, the Father, Who is the Source of all things and for Whom we [have life], and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through and by Whom are all things and through and by Whom we [ourselves exist]. 1 Corinthians 8:6 AMP

When Ken and I got married there was one income earner - me. It pretty much remained that way for the first five years of our marriage, until by the grace of God I became pregnant. Very quickly it became obvious that there was going to have to be some changes! What an interesting, unforgettable time that was.

Out of that time though, I learnt two very important lessons. Firstly God is always on time, never early, never late. A few weeks after Marshall was born and we were left with only one weeks savings, Ken had a business idea. A business idea that is still providing for us 13 years later! Wonder where that idea came from?

This leads to me the second important thing I learnt during that time, that God is the Source our income. Ken is not. He is a vessel that God can use, if Ken is willing and obedient (as is the same for each of us.) 

This revelation has meant that many times over the years when I have been frustrated about our finances, the first place I have gone to talk about it hasn't  been Ken, but rather God. After all, He is the Source, and it is always better to go directly to the Source. 

Sometimes after my chat with God, I will talk with Ken about our finances. But most of the time though, after the conversation with God, I come back to a place of trusting that He is on the job. He shows me that it was fear rising up in me and that no conversation with Ken is necessary. 

What a lot of arguments have been avoided since getting the revelation that God is my Source. Of course I am not perfect, fear does still come sometimes and there are arguments, but not as many as there were.

Over the recent years I have come to understand more and more that God is the only Source that really meets our emotional needs, as well as our practical needs.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the  Father of sympathy (pity and mercy) and the God [Who is the Source] of every comfort (consolation and encouragement) 2 Corinthians 1:3 AMP

And that in Christ, when we are comforted, we can then comfort others ....

He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. 2 Corinthians 1:4 NLT

So to sum up, I have had some big lessons to help me  understand Who my Source is, and am daily continuing to hand over all my needs and our family's needs to God. Learning to always look to Him in everything.

Looking away [from all that will distract] to Jesus, Who is the leader and the Source of our faith [giving the first incentive for our belief] and is also its Finisher [bringing it to maturity and perfection]. He, for the joy [of obtaining the prize] that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising and ignoring the shame, and is now seated at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2 AMP

Question for today, who are you looking to as the Source for things in your life? It comes down to a question of trust - who are you trusting to bring good into your life? Who are you trusting to bring the changes that are needed into your life? Today, why not take some time to ask God to help bring you to the place of knowing, really knowing, that He is the Source for everything good in your life.

Finally, brethren, farewell (rejoice)! Be strengthened (perfected, completed, made what you ought to be); be encouraged and consoled and comforted; be of the same [agreeable] mind one with another; live in peace, and [then] the God of love [Who is the Source of affection, good will, love and benevolence toward men] and the Author and Promoter of peace will be with you. 2 Corinthians 13:11 AMP

 

No comments: