Saturday, July 16, 2016

Humble, pray, seek and repent

And my people, my God-defined people, respond by humbling themselves, praying, seeking my presence, and turning their backs on their wicked lives, I'll be there ready for you: I'll listen from heaven, forgive their sins, and restore their land to health. From now on I'm alert day and night to the prayers offered at this place. Believe me, I've chosen and sanctified this Temple that you have built: My Name is stamped on it forever; my eyes are on it and my heart in it always. 2 Chronicles 7:14 The Message

Today, let's humble ourselves, pray, seek His presence and turn away from our thoughts, actions and words that don't line up with His heart. 

Today, as we sit on the other side of the world, somewhat removed from terrorist activity, political and economic instability, let's pray for this world. Bobbie Houston in her book, The Sisterhood says,

"I believe that the weapon the church of Jesus Christ must bring to this current global table of unrest and crisis is prayer. It's a weapon that many outside of the faith may never truly understand nor ever appreciate - but regardless of whether they do or don't, prayer is what engages the spiritual realm that is so often at the core and cause of today's problems." (Bobbie Houston, excerpt from Chapter 21 - The Sisterhood)

Pray at all times (on every occasion, in every season) in the Spirit, with all [manner of] prayer and entreaty. To that end keep alert and watch with strong purpose and perseverance, interceding in behalf of all the saints (God's consecrated people). Ephesians 6:18 AMP

The Message Bible puts it this way,

In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other's spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out. Ephesians 6:18 The Message

Throughout today, whenever prompted by the Holy Spirit, let's pray for this world, that we will humble ourselves and seek our Heavenly Father in all we do.

If My people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves, pray, seek, crave, and require of necessity My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land. Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to prayer offered in this place. 2 Chronicles 7:14 AMP


No comments: