Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Who do you put your hope in?

For in You, O Lord, do I hope; You will answer, O Lord my God. Psalm 38:15 AMP

Today, some scriptures about hope - with the underlying questions - what or who are we putting our hope in?

And now, Lord, what do I wait for and expect? My hope and expectation are in You. Psalm 39:7 AMP

When we are waiting for something, it can be very difficult (an understatement) to keep wholeheartedly putting our hope in God.  Especially as time passes and we are still waiting.

Why are you cast down, O my inner self? And why should you moan over me and be disquieted within me? Hope in God and wait expectantly for Him for I shall yet praise Him, my Help and my God. Psalm 42:5 AMP

Hope in God. How do you do that when all around you looks hopeless? For me, here are just some of the things I have done over the past 5.5 years to keep my hope in God, 

1. Reading God's promises over and over until they are a truth in my heart. 


2. Spending time worshiping God, pouring out my pain and letting His Spirit minister to me.

3. Putting a guard over my mouth and not speaking out the circumstances, rather speaking God's word.

4. Positioning myself (or rather let God position me) with people who speak faith and can 'hold my arms' up in times when I am weary.

5. Keep reminding myself of where my hope is - every-time those negative thoughts come - declaring it our loud ...

For You are my hope; O Lord God, You are my trust from my youth and the source of my confidence. Psalm 71:5 AMP

Question for today, what is your hope in today? Are you having difficulty putting your hope in God? If so, why not ask Him to gently bring you to that place where you can fully hope in Him. Let Him be your guide, take time to listen and obey.

But as for me, I will look to the Lord and confident in Him I will keep watch; I will wait with hope and expectancy for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me. Micah 7:7 AMP

No comments: