Saturday, April 29, 2017

Keep growing in Christ - Part 4

[We pray] that you may be invigorated and strengthened with all power according to the might of His glory, [to exercise] every kind of endurance and patience (perseverance and forbearance) with joy. Colossians 1:11 AMP

There are some things in our lives that require endurance and patience. They may be related to our family, career, finances, sport, a promise or desire that God has put in our heart that is taking time to come to pass. Times when we need to choose each day to stick with God to see what He will do.

But me, I'm not giving up. I'm sticking around to see what God will do. I'm waiting for God to make things right. I'm counting on God to listen to me. Micah 7:7 The Message

Times when we need to wait and not get weary.

But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength;  they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31 NKJV 

Times when we to need be still and let God be God.

Let be and be still, and know (recognise and understand) that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations! I will be exalted in the earth! Psalm 46:10 AMP 

Times when you know that soaking in His presence daily is what will give you the strength to continue.

Seek, inquire of and for the Lord, and crave Him and His strength (His might and inflexibility to temptation); seek and require His face and His presence (continually) evermore. Psalm 105:4

And I have found that it is in those times of soaking in His presence that I find joy, despite the waiting. A joy that enables me to lift my eyes to Jesus and see what He has done and know that He loves me. A joy that let's His love overwhelm me, more than any negative situations overwhelm me. 

The worship song, How He Loves by the David Crowder Band always takes me to that place of feeling unconditionally loved by God.  If you haven't heard that song, I recommend listening to it, closing your eyes and imagine sitting with Jesus and singing to Him.

Question for today, what helps you to find joy in the times of needing to be patient and have endurance? If you think that is not possible to find joy at those times, I encourage you to ask Jesus to help you to find it. I have found that having a joyful heart helps make the waiting easier, and gives you a glimpse into the eternal purposes of God.

Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don’t try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way. James 1:2-4 The Message

 

No comments: