Saturday, May 6, 2017

A prayer - I have cried with my whole heart

This morning I felt to post this portion of scripture as a prayer for anyone who is desperately crying out to God. It is from Psalm 119.

Trouble and anguish have found and taken hold on me, yet Your commandments are my delight. 

Your righteous testimonies are every lasting and You decrees are binding to eternity; give me understanding and I shall live [give me discernment and comprehension and I shall not die].

I cried with my whole heart; hear me, O Lord; I will keep Your statutes [I will hear, receive, love, and obey them]. 

I cried  to You; save me, that I may keep Your testimonies [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying them].

I anticipated the dawning of the morning and cried [in childlike prayer]; I hoped in Your word.

My eyes anticipate the night watches and I am awake before the cry of the watchman, that I may meditate on Your word.

Hear my voice according to Your steadfast love; O Lord, quicken me and give me life according to Your [righteous] decrees.

...

Let my mournful cry and supplication come [near] before You, O Lord; give me understanding (discernment and comprehension) according to Your word [of assurance and promise].

Let my supplication come before You; deliver me according to Your word!

My lips shall pour forth praise [with thanksgiving and renewed trust] when You teach me your statutes.

My tongue shall sing [praise for fulfilment] of Your word, for all Your commandments are righteous. 

Let Your hand be ready to help me, for I have chosen Your precepts.

I have longed for Your salvation, O Lord, and Your law is my delight. 

Let me live that I may praise You, and let Your decrees help me.

I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek, inquire for, and demand Your servant, for I do not forget Your commandments.

Psalm 119:143 - 149, 169 - 176 AMP

No comments: