Wednesday, February 7, 2018

One constant

But the Lord shall remain and continue forever; He has prepared and established His throne for judgement. Psalm 9:7 AMP

Over the past week I have been chatting with mothers who are each in different seasons. Some with children starting school for the first time, some starting on the teenage years journey, some with children who completed Year 12 last year and find themselves with one less child at home and some whose children are navigating the years of young adulthood. All these seasons filled with vastly different challenges. 

When I think about these every changing seasons and our family, having children aged from 14 years to 8 years, each child going through their own season, there is one thing I am extremely grateful for ...

Jesus Christ (the Messiah) is [always] the same, yesterday, today [yes] and forever (to the ages). Hebrews 13:8 AMP

Our seasons change. Our homes change. But Jesus is the same. What an immense amount of comfort that truth brings - when things around us appear to be spiraling out of control, when we fear the future, He is there, always trustworthy and faithful to put things right.

GOD holds the high centre, he sees and sets the world's mess right. Psalm 9:7 The Message

It takes only a moment to pray, ask God for his help, his wisdom and guidance. And sometimes we don't have to utter a word, He hears the cry of our heart. We need to trust and not be moved.

I have set the Lord continually before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad and my glory [my inner self] rejoices; my body too shall rest and confidently dwell in safety, for You will not abandon me to Sheol (the place of the dead), neither will You suffer Your holy one [Holy One] to see corruption. You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy, at Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore. Psalm 16:8-11 AMP







No comments: