Wednesday, August 29, 2018

What has God been saying to you?

In the past four days God has spoken to me in four different ways about being in the world but not of the world.

But now I am returning to you so Father,
I pray that they will experience
and enter into my joyous delight in you
so that it is fulfilled in them and overflows.
I have given them your message
and that is why the unbelieving world hates them.
For their allegiance is no longer to this world
because I am not of this world.
I am not asking that you remove them from the world,
but I ask that you guard their hearts from evil,
For they no longer belong to this world any more than I do.
John 17:13-16 TPT


Saturday night ...

After dinner on Saturday Ken and I escaped to his office (aka man cave) for some peace and quiet. We were watching some of the analysis of the political antics of the week, Ken promptly fell asleep (we are getting older!) and I managed to just stay awake (it was only 7.30pm) to watch the next show, Australian story. 

The episode was Leading the way: Love over hate: We step inside the Wayside Chapel to see what’s in store for the new man behind one of the toughest, yet most rewarding jobs in Sydney.


Sunday night ...

At church we were blessed to have a visiting pastor, James MacPherson preaching at the 6pm service. He spoke about where our identity comes from - our intrinsic value, not externals. And building on this he also spoke to us regarding what we do in our day to day lives and challenged us to ask how God would go about doing that job/profession? Lots of food for thought. For anyone interested here is the podcast

 
Monday night ...

Not really sure what I was doing (it was at least 36 hours ago), perhaps taking a brain break from work. Anyway I was skimming through the Eternity News website, which I find is a great alternative to the ABC news website, and I found this video, Prominent pastor Carl Lentz on fame, criticism and #Me Too.

When watching this video the word that God highlighted to me was demonstrate


Tuesday morning ...

I had a couple of hours waiting for my car to be serviced, so after doing some work, I took a brain break and continued reading a book that a wise lady has lent me ... Kid's Ministry is for Real, a collection of true stories that show the 'why' of kids' ministry, by David Goodwin. There is so much gold in this book, such as...

I understand from Erickson's psycho-social stages that children in the middle childhood years need to experience success to have a healthy and confident transition to adolescence. It doesn't mean they need to be top of the class, but they do need to shine in one or more areas. Sadly, we all know many children who have experienced little or no success. Those of us in kids' ministry are in a unique position to help them.


There are a couple of reasons I have shared this today. 

Firstly I found it interesting that God would use four different ways to communicate the same message to me, be in the world, but not of the world, love people my way. I am not sure what this means for me in terms of actions. I have an inkling, but will continue to seek Him for direction.


Secondly to encourage you to look at what and how God may have been speaking to you recently, is there something He has been communicating to you through different ways? Are you listening? Do you know what He wants you to do next? And will you have the courage to do it, knowing that He has gone before you and is with you?

Let's finish with prayer Jesus prayed for us ...

And I ask not only for these disciples,
but also for all those who will one day
believe in me through their message.
I pray for them all to be joined together as one
even as you and I, Father, are joined together as one.
I pray for them to become one with us
so that the world will recognise that you sent me.
For the very glory you have given to me I have given to them
so that they will be joined together as one
and experience the same unity that we enjoy.
You live fully in me and now I live fully in them
so that they will experience perfect unity,
and the world will be convinced that you have sent me,
for they will see that you love each one of them
with the same passionate love that you have for me.
John 17:20-23 TPT






No comments: