Monday, July 15, 2013

A God-fashioned life

Let's start with scripture today .... from Ephesians 4:20-24, The Message bible ...

'But that's no life for you. You learned Christ! 

My assumption is that you have paid careful attention to him, been well instructed in the truth precisely as we have it in Jesus. Since, then, we do not have the excuse of ignorance, everything - and I do mean everything - connected with that old way of life has to go. It's rotten through and through. Get rid of it! And then take on an entirely new way of life - a God-fashioned life, a life renewed from the inside and working itself into your conduct as God accurately reproduces his character in you.'

As I read this passage this morning I reflected back on my priorities in life before I became a Christian. I can see how God has been changing my priorities so they line up with His plan for my life. I say 'changing' as this is a continual process. 

I certainly experienced change on the inside when I made Jesus Lord of my life, about 17 years ago. However, it has been the past 5 years of financial stress and ill-health in our family that has led me re-evaluate 'my' priorities again! 

In the period prior to the past 5 years, we experienced a time of great financial prosperity and abundance. In that time, 'my' priorities had begun to overshadow what I had previously learnt about God's priorities for my life. I had become less God reliant and more Wendy reliant.

Well our circumstances of these past 5 years have certainly re-aligned those priorities and re-taught me where my reliance is meant to be. These trials have caused me to seek God every day, and some days every hour.  He is the source of and in my life. And whilst these trials have been very tough, I thank God that He did not give up on fashioning me, and I thank Him that He will continue to fashion me. 

The question for today, what is God currently doing in your life to help you live a God-fashioned life?




No comments: