Sunday, July 28, 2013

Angels watching over me

Do you believe in angels? What does God's word say about angels?

Psalm 91:11,12  For He will give His angels [especial] charge over you to accompany and defend and preserve you in all your ways [of obedience and service]. They shall bear you up on their hands, lest you dash your foot against a stone.

Hebrews 1:14  Are not the angels all ministering spirits (servants) sent out in the services [of God for the assistance] of those who inherit salvation?

Psalm 103:20 Bless (affectionately, gratefully praise) the Lord, you His angels, you mighty ones who do His commandments hearkening to the voice of His word.

I believe in angels. I can think of at least four occasions in my life when I have been in physical danger, but a major accident was mysteriously avoided.  However I don't think it was that mysterious at all. I believe it was His angels bearing me up on their hands. How utterly grateful I am for God's provision of angels.

I often ask God's angels to protect members of our family. For example, protecting my husband as sometime twice a week he drives for at least 5 hours to Sydney and back. When I put our children to bed each night, I call God's angels into their bedrooms to protect them.  From personal experience I know that the angels come and do not leave them. This was evidenced by the protection they gave one night a couple of years ago, saving the lives of two of our family members. Protection that I will be ever grateful to God for.

Questions for today, do you believe what the bible says about angels? How have they protected you in the past?






No comments: