Wednesday, March 12, 2014

But let him who glories glory in this

Thus says the Lord: Let not the wise and skillful person glory and boast in his wisdom and skill; let not the mighty and powerful person glory and boast in his strength and power; let not the rich person who is rich [in physical gratification and earthly wealth] glory and boast in his [temporal satisfactions and earthly] riches. But let him who glories glory in this: that he understands and knows Me [personally and practically, directly discerning and recognising My character] that I am the Lord, who practices loving-kindness, judgement, and righteousness in the earth, for in these things I delight, says the Lord. Jeremiah 9:23,24 (AMP)

This morning as I read this scripture I was again challenged with the thought of how differently God views things. It can be so easy to get caught up in what we need to do, what we know and what we have, that we can forget the heart of God. 

Even with the gifts God has given us, sometimes we can get swept away with the way in which God is using our gifts for His purpose, that we completely forget to acknowledge God as the source of that gift, and acknowledge that God gives us the opportunities to use the gift for His purposes. 

It is His heart that He wants us to understand. It is His character He wants us to emulate in our every day life. When we think about Him, Jesus or the Holy Spirit, He wants us to bubble over with joy, knowing that He is showering us in His unconditional love.

My prayer for today ... Thank you God that you have reminded me today that it is knowing you as Lord of my life, that should bring me the greatest joy. Please forgive me for the times I have looked to people and things other than you to bring me joy. Thank you that through Jesus I can get to know more of your character. Please help me to be more like you. In Jesus Name, Amen

A question for today .... what is it that you are 'glorying' in today? Is some heart adjustment needed? Remember, there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus, He loves you.





No comments: