Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Hoping confidently in Him when you can't

Open the gates that the [uncompromisingly] righteous nation which keeps her faith and her troth [with God] may enter in. You will guard him and keep him in perfect and constant peace whose mind [both its inclination and its character] is stayed on you, because He commits himself to You, leans on You and hopes confidently in You. So trust in the Lord (commit yourself to Him, lean on Him, hope confidently in Him) forever; for the Lord God is an everlasting Rock (the Rock of Ages). 
Isaiah 26:2-3 (AMP)

I was led to this scripture whilst reading 'Names of God' by Nathan Stone. I love the way the amplified version of this scripture expands on the word 'trust' - committing yourself to God; leaning on God, hoping confidently in God. 

For me, I have many things in my life that I am trusting God for. I find that it is very difficult to continually hope confidently in God especially when the physical answer to prayer is yet to be seen. Some days it is no problem, I am full of faith and expectancy. Other days it is definitely a battle within my mind to take hold of the victory in faith in Jesus name.

It is on those challenging days that I use the following strategies to build my faith:
1. Surrendering the 'thing' completely to God. I literally say to Him, 'this' is yours, I don't want to carry it around any more. You are sovereign, 'it' belongs to you.
2. Sing songs of worship that declare God's goodness and faithfulness.
3. Re-read the specific promises God has given me relating to that area and/or seek out scriptures declaring God's truth regarding this matter.

By the end of this 'faith building' I am back at the place where I can again hope confidently in Him, ever grateful that Jesus is ever present in my life.

Question for today, is there something in your life that you have finding it hard to hope confidently in God for? Why not ask God to give you a strategy for getting back to that place of being able to completely trust Him? He is waiting for you to ask and He is willing and able.


No comments: