Thursday, April 10, 2014

This is no afternoon athletic contest

And that about wraps it up. God is strong, and he wants you strong. So take everything the Master has set out for you, well-made weapons of the best materials. And put them to use so you will be able to stand up to everything the Devil throws your way. This is no afternoon athletic contest that we'll walk away from and forget about in a couple of hours. This is for keeps, a life-or-death fight to the finish against the Devil and all his angels. Ephesians 6:10-12 (MSG)

It can be easy to forget that we face supernatural opposition as we walk through our life here on earth. It can be easy to forget that we need to be purposeful in this 'life-or-death fight' and that the fight doesn't stop until we get to heaven.

I am going to share with you a fight in which that I had a use those well-made weapons of God's, particularly, the 'sword that the Spirit wields, which is the Word of God.' Ephesians 6:17b (AMP).

I was facing a difficult circumstance and standing on a promise from God. Declaring his Word out aloud, thanking Him in expectancy of the outcome, when at meeting relating to this circumstance, I was told the outcome was going to be completely opposite to the promise I was standing on.

What a knock down this was in the fight! In the natural it was looking as though indeed the devil had won this fight.  Finally in the midst of a busy life with 4 children I found time to sit with God and talk to Him about what I had been told. Admist tears, I opened my journal to record the conversation. This, scripture that was on the page that I opened ...

Jesus looked at them and said, "With me this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26. 

I cannot really describe the peace and love that flooded my heart as I read that scripture. It was as if God knew what I was going to experience that day at the hospital, and He knew what page I needed to open in my journal, and He had His truth there ready for me to read. And of course God did know! He had gone before me and prepared the way in the fight. 

But I cannot get complacent now, rather the exact opposite, I need to press into God more, ensuring I am equipped and ready for the next attack, in whatever form that may take.

I encourage you to stick close to God every day, as this 'life-or-death' fight goes on every day! Take time to read His word, learn His word and glue it into your heart. Jesus truly is our Saviour in every way. 

Questions for today, can you recognize a supernatural fight happening in your life at the moment? What are you doing about it? Are you allowing the devil to be the victor? Or are you using the 'well-made weapons of the best materials' that God has provided for you?


No comments: