Sunday, June 15, 2014

Foundations

And [further], You, Lord, did lay the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the works of Your hands. Hebrews 1:10 AMP

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to create the earth? Where would you start? What would it be made of?What would you put at it's centre? How big would you make it? What would you put on the final layer? What would be it's purpose? How would it live day after day?

When I start to think about all the thought that went into laying the foundation of the earth, I find the whole process of creation mind boggling! What power and creativity does our God have! Here is another description of His creation process and on-going control over His creation.

But God made the earth by His power;
He established the world by His wisdom
and by His understanding and skill stretched out the heavens.
When He utters His voice, 
there is a tumult of waters in the heavens,
and He causes the vapors to ascend from the ends of the earth.
He makes lightnings for the rain and brings forth the wind out from His treasuries and from His storehouses.
Jeremiah 10-12,13 AMP

Sometimes in our daily life it can be easy to lose sight of the magnificence of creation. Just as it can be easy in the busy-ness of our lives to lose sight of another foundation that God laid especially for us, you and me, Jesus.

Therefore thus says the Lord God, Behold, I am laying in Zion for a foundation, a Stone, a tested Stone, a precious Cornerstone of sure foundation; he who believes (trusts in, relies on, and adheres to that Stone) will not be ashamed or give way or hasten away [in sudden panic]. Isaiah 28:16

Jesus, is our sure foundation. Unlike this earth, He will not perish, but He will remain and continue permanently (Hebrews 1:11). 

Question for today, are you going to choose to remain and continue with Jesus, the permanent foundation our Heavenly Father gifted to us? Ask God to show you how, amongst the busy-ness of your life, to remain in Him.

If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given to you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to my disciple. As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commends, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Fathers commands and remain in his love. John 15:7-10 NIV




No comments: