Thursday, July 17, 2014

Worship Him

On your feet now—applaud God! Bring a gift of laughter, sing yourselves into his presence. Know this: God is God, and God, God. He made us; we didn't make him. We're his people, his well-tended sheep. Enter with the password: "Thank you!" Make yourselves at home, talking praise. Thank him. Worship him. For God is sheer beauty, all-generous in love, loyal always and ever. Psalm 100 MSG

We have just returned from a week's family holiday. It was wonderful to be away and have a break from the normal routine of school and children's activities. It became apparent to me (well, my son pointed it out to me) that I was becoming crankier and crankier as each day of our holiday passed. I wasn't sure why this was, as there wasn't really anything to be cranky about! 

So as I went to sleep that night I asked God to show me what was going on. During the night I woke up and I felt God say the word 'worship' to me. I knew exactly what He was telling me. With having the holiday break from routine, whilst I was reading God's word and praying each morning, I had inadvertently taken a break from having worship music on in the morning, and taking time to sit and worship Him. I immediately put on some worship music and promptly felt a peace, thanked God and went directly back to sleep.

When I awoke in the morning and started to pray, I felt on my heart to ask God for a day of laughter, lots and lots of laughter. After I had finished praying, God led me to Psalm 100. I read it aghast! This scripture was not only talking about laughter, but also about singing, worshipping and thanking God. I knew that the day was going to be a peaceful day, with no crankiness, because God had shown me what I had been missing. I didn't realise how reliant I had become on spending time worshipping God, which enabled me to put Him in His rightful place in my life, and keep my emotions under check. He had reminded me, that God is God and He needs to always be on the throne of my life.

To the end that my tongue and my heart and everything glorious within me may sing praise to You and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever. Psalm 30:12 AMP

I was so thankful that God had heard my prayer and answered it so quickly. Indeed God is all-generous in love, loyal always and ever. I love it that when he surrender our 'bad attitudes' He is always there, loyal, waiting to help us have the 'right heart attitude'. 

When the rest of the family woke up, I shared with them my prayer, how God had spoken to me, the scripture He had given me, and what I was now expecting for this day. I felt it was important to share this with the family, so they too could pray and be expectant for the day.

Confess to one another therefore your faults (your slips, your false steps, your offenses, your sins) and pray [also] for one another, that you may be healed and restored [to a spiritual tone of mind and heart]. The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working]. James 5:16 AMP

At the end of day we reflected back on how the day had been. We were amazed at the amount of laughter we had had, the challenging situations that had arisen and that I had responded with patience and grace. We were all very grateful to God and we all applauded Him. It was an excellent lesson for us all from the school of the Holy Spirit!

Question for today, is the some attitude that you are displaying that you know is wrong and you want to change it? Surrender that attitude to God today. Ask Him to show you the reason for the attitude and what you need to do to get rid of it. God is all generous in love, He doesn't want you to struggle in your mind. He wants you to be healed and restored to a spiritual tone of mind and heart.

No comments: