Thursday, December 25, 2014

I have come to consider

But whatever former things I had that might have been gains to me, I have come to consider as [one combined] loss for Christ's sake. Yes, furthermore, I count everything as loss compared to the possession of the priceless privilege (the overwhelming preciousness, the surpassing worth, and supreme advantage) of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord and of progressively becoming more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him [of perceiving and recognising and understanding Him more fully and clearly]. For His sake I have lost everything and consider it all to be mere rubbish (refuse, dregs), in order that I may win (gain) Christ (the Anointed One). Philippians 3:7-8 AMP

It is Christmas Day. What are you going to celebrate today? Family, friends, good health, financial prosperity, biggest and best Christmas present ever? There are so many worthwhile things to celebrate today. 

But what happens if some or all those things are taken away? What if you don't have family with you today, for whatever reason? What if you are all alone today? What if your health is not good and getting worse? What if financially things are a mess? What if you don't get any presents?  Then, what will you celebrate today?

Read the scripture above again, specifically, 'I count everything as loss compared to the possession of the priceless privilege (the overwhelming preciousness, the surpassing worth, and supreme advantage) of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord.'

Even if we are physically alone and suffering, we have the priceless privilege of knowing Christ Jesus, our Lord. Through God's grace, we have the greatest gift of all, Jesus. Let's celebrate Jesus today.

John testified about Him and cried out, This was He of Who I said, He Who come after me has priority over me, for He was before me. [He takes rank over me, for He existed before I did. He has advanced before me, because He is my Chief.] For our of His fullness (abundance) we have all received [all had a share and we were all supplied with] one grace after another and spiritual blessing upon spiritual blessing and even favour upon favour and gift [heaped] upon gift. For while the Law was given through Moses, grace (unearned, undeserved favour and spiritual blessing) and truth came through Jesus Christ. No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known]. John 1:15-18 AMP

No comments: